9 August 2012

Packing!!

I haven't really blogged over the last few days, as I haven't done much except packing. Lots of it. A couple of days ago, I was watching the Sex and the City movie and laughed as Carrie Bradshaw stated her apartment was packed up in "38 boxes". Pah! Sister, the contents of your wardrobe would take up 38 boxes. Our house is on box no. 44 and aside from a few empty bookshelves you wouldn't know anything was missing. Got to say though, one advantage of not having a walk-in wardrobe is that clothes do not need to be packed. They stay nice and happily in drawers and on hangers and don't budge. That will save me one hell of a headache!
Packing hasn't been too bad though; there have been chocolate-filled group packing sessions with Bridesmaids, and I have been kept company by all our fabulous athletes on my TV screen. :) This is good as for much of last week, this was the outside world:
I also hit the cinema with my lovely friends Sophie and Katie. We went for pure, crude humor and opted for Ted. The one problem is though, that if you have the trailer for Ted on muted when someone's (in this case Katie's) kid brother is in the room (PLEASE do not let anyone under the age of 12 see the trailer with sound!) they will want to see it. This applies for all under 10's.

Tomorrow though, the excitement starts back up again, as I am off to Weymouth for the women's 470 sailing medal race. Saskia and Hannah are guaranteed at least a silver, so good luck and maybe we'll see another gold! In the meantime, I've painted my nails in an appropriately patriotic way, hehe.
It took all day, but I still managed to find time eat a gorgeous slice of caramel and apple tart... not *quite* so in keeping with the healthy Olympic image...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...