23 July 2012

Busy!!

I've had a really, good, busy week. Firstly, last weekend, I braved the mud and hit Devon for my sailing club's camping weekend. Luckily for me, I had camper-van access over a tent, and I actually remembered wellies, as the ground was a mud bath. The weekend was gorgeous -for most part sunny, and with a decent breeze. I got to try out Maddy's new boat, although we failed spectacularly on Sunday's races...
Then, I had my friend, Beth, over from California. There is nothing like having an old exotic friend over to help you reconnect with other old friends. We just had a total girl's week, full of shopping and catching up. On Thursday, we mixed shopping with Jimmy Spices, an amazing world food buffet. It's pretty cheap, especially on weekdays, but it is soo good! The stir fry's, made in front of you, are to die for. I decided to put my faith in the British weather, and bought a bikini too. When we got back, it seemed only natural to try out my bikini in Maddy's hot tub. :)
On Friday, Beth, my Mum and I hopped on a plane and landed in Belfast, so that my Mum could squeeze in some quality time with Beth's mother, Sain. We were lucky enough that the weather was on the turn, and I experienced Ireland in the sun (a novelty enough for England, never mind the rest of the British Isles...).
We also went to the Giant's Causeway, which was HEAVING with tourists. 
 Beth's little bro' Daniel was less than impressed by the walk to see a pile of hexagonal rocks, but we set him up as the photographer and he managed okay.
 The Giant's Causeway was made by the cooling of ancient lava, but I preferred the legend of the giant who threw the rocks into the sea to walk over to Scotland....
Before I flew back again I had time to laugh at Beth on her debut motorbike passenger ride. I'll say no more...
 And then it was back on the plane again!! I really am a bad flying partner; my Mother hates take off and landing, and I'll be sat there going "ooh look, we're really banking right over now! Gosh we're hitting the runway fast. Oh, I can see all the wires in the wing when the brakes go on...."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...